From the SANS Analyst Insight Blog
From SANS: Deb Radcliff's Series on Protecting Our Cyber Warriors:
Highlights from 2022
- Deb's Framework for evaluating Cybersecurity Vendors; There are no real frameworks for evaluating cybersecurity vendors, so Deb worked with experts to help frame one. – CSO Online, November 2022
- Why CISO roles require business and technology savvy; Listening and communicating to both the technical and business sides is critical to successfully leading IT teams and business leaders to the same end-goal. – CSO Online, October 2022
- 5 ways to unite security and compliance; Which comes first, security or compliance? In an ideal world, they work together seamlessly. Here's how to achieve that. – CSO Online, August 2022
- How the US DHS develops hard-to-find cybersecurity skills; The Department of Homeland Security's Amanda Conley tells how she finds and uplevels specialized and expensive cybersecurity talent on a government budget. – CSO Online, July 2022
- How a new generation of IoT botnets is amplifying DDoS attacks; IoT botnets are not new. Nor are DDoS attacks. But the two are on a trajectory that is raising the stakes in DDoS protection and bot takeover prevention. – CSO Online, April 2022
- LookLeft: Cybercrime Stories Told from an Investigative Journalist's POV:
- Part one (20 minutes): How hackers and cybercops formed my career.
- Part two: The tough jobs of CISO's and how twenty-five years of research in the hacking and cybersecurity communities led me to pen my cyber thriller series.
Highlights from 2021
Highlights from 2020